New Article by HA in Tech Clarity: PRODUCT COST MANAGEMENT AS A LINK BETWEEN ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS
Last week, Hiller Associates published an article in Tech-Clarity with the title:
PRODUCT COST MANAGEMENT AS A LINK BETWEEN ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS
Here’s an outline of the article:
- Siemens PLM recently bought Perfect Costing Solutions from Tsetinis & Partner. What does this mean?
- To answer this, let’s first ask, what IS Product Cost Management and what does PCM software really “do”?
- Now that we know what PCM software really does, who would value this in the Enterprise Software world?
- There are look’s of possible categories of enterprise software that could value PCM software, but the most likely are PLM and ERP.
- Product Cost Management software is really a bridge linking the engineering language of physical things to the rest of the organization (purchasing, supply chain, finance, manufacturing, etc.) who primary speak the financial language of dollars.
- If independent PCM software companies are not bought by a large PLM or ERP player, what are the other possible options for their future?
Here’s a teaser diagram from the article, just because who doesn’t like maps?
My thanks to Jim Brown and Tech-Clarity for the publishing platform to discuss this subject – Eric Arno Hiller